APPLICATION FORM (short)
Weddings are permitted in Grand Teton National Park in a number of locations. Some of the more popular sites are Schwabacher Landing, Blacktail Ponds Overlook and Signal Mountain Summit. A special park use permit is required and entrance fee policies apply.
A permit is required to hold a wedding in the park unless it is at the Chapel of the Transfiguration, the Chapel of the Sacred Heart or a concession facility. Complete the required permit application and send it with the non-refundable $125.00 application fee to:
Chief Ranger's Office, Wedding Permits
Grand Teton National Park
P.O. Box 170
Moose, WY 83012
The permit application must be received in the park no less than two weeks prior to your event. Once the permit has been approved and issued, it will be sent to you by mail.
Please include credit card information with your permit application. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Please include the type of card, card number and expiration date.
Normal entrance fees are charged for all wedding participants and guests as they pass through a park entrance station. Lump sum or advance payments are not accepted. See the Fees and Passes page for more information on fees.
All guests entering the park to attend a wedding ceremony at the Chapel of the Transfiguration will not be charged an entrance fee because this chapel is on private property within the park. However, if these same guests will be attending a reception inside the park, all guests will be charged an entrance fee.
Arrangements for the use of chapels located in Grand Teton National Park must be made directly with the church:
Chapel of the Transfiguration
c/o St. John's Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1690
Jackson, WY 83001
Chapel of the Sacred Heart
c/o Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church
P.O. Box 992
Jackson, WY 83001
- Any event that interferes with the normal activities of visitors, such as the closing of trails, overlooks or public use facilities, will not be allowed.
- No disturbance of vegetation or other natural objects is allowed. Park regulations do not permit the throwing or scattering of rice, birdseed, flower petals or any similar material. In addition, the release of animals including birds, butterflies or other insects is prohibited.
- No structures of any kind are allowed, including tents, chairs, tables, bands, barbeques, sound systems, props, etc. unless inside a concessions building and within the scope of the concessioner's permit or contract.
- Historical buildings or other structures may be used as a backdrop only. Buildings cannot be used for attachments (such as banners or flowers) or be incorporated into the ceremony as a stage.
- Permittee will assume all responsibility for cleanup of the site.
- All vehicles for the wedding party and guests must be parked in designated parking areas. Carpooling is recommended; parking may be limited in some areas.