Ranch House Tour
Get to know the pioneer families who made this house their home. Johnny Grant built the ranch house in 1862 and it was declared by an article in The Montana Post as “by long odds, the finest in Montana.” Conrad Kohrs purchased the house in 1866 and in 1890, he added the brick addition with many innovative amenities.
The house offers a unique look into the lives of both of the families. See how they lived through viewing their original furnishings and personal items. The museum items on display vary, so each time you visit you may get a fresh look at this incredible collection.
- Tickets are free and available at the visitor center on the day of your visit.
- Tours are limited to 12 people and fill quickly in the summer months.
- Tour schedules vary by season.
- The last house tour begins at 3:30 PM (4:30 PM Memorial Day – Labor Day).
- Plan to arrive at the Visitor Center at least 15 minutes before the last tour.