ALL TRAILS ARE OPEN
Perimeter Trail- 5.3 miles
The trail begins at the entrance of the park. There are different access points throughout the park. Parking available at the Sweetgum Picnic Area.
There are two detours on the Perimeter Trail due to washout on Still Creek and erosion near the beginning of the Perimeter trail- Please follow signs.
Azalea Trail- 1.2 miles
Park in the Sweetgum Picnic Area. The Azalea Trail begins and ends in the Sweetgum Picnic Area.
Dogwood Trail- 1.5 miles
Parking lot available along Park Central Road.
Blueberry Trail- 0.8 miles
Campground users can enjoy a walk through the forest. Blueberry trailhead is along the road in the campground.
* All dogs must be on a leash and owners must pick up after their pet.
* No bikes or horses are allowed on the trails.
* The park closes at dusk so plan your trail walk or hike.
* Prepare for your hike- bring water, cell phone, and a trail map. Use tick and insect repellant.
* Please call the U.S. Park Police at 202-610-7500 for any emergency, need of ambulance or criminal activity.
*Please call our Park headquarters for any trail maintenance issues at 301-344-3948.
Be alert to changing climate conditions. Check the weather before hiking or walking on the trails. Do not hike under severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, blizzards, or expected high wind conditions.
The brochures are available in the park at the trailhead and the Park Ranger Station.