Grand Canyon National Park's free distance learning programs offer students an exciting introduction to the science behind the park.
Ranger Careers presents the diversity of jobs that park rangers perform working for the National Park Service. Through a live and interactive lesson with park rangers via the Internet, students learn how they can get involved in their local national parks. The program lasts about one hour.
How to Participate
Schools must have video conferencing capability to dial the park's IP address at the scheduled time, or they can participate online via Skype.
Distance Learning Application Form
- Optional Pre-activity lesson plan (79KB PDF)
- Ranger Careers National Standards (100KB PDF)
- Pre-activity worksheet
- High Country News article on careers in the National Park Service
- Student pre-assessment
- Student post-assessment
After the program, please participate in our online program evaluation to help us improve our educational efforts.
- Career Studies, Community, Conservation, Education, Environment, Government, History, Recreation / Leisure / Tourism, Science and Technology, Service Learning
- National/State Standards:
- Distance Learning