How to Participate
Registration begins in October each year. Schools must have video conferencing capability to dial the park's IP address at the scheduled time, or they can participate online via Skype.
- Follow the instructions on the 2016-2017 Distance Learning Program Registration Form (PDF 278KB)
Once you are scheduled for a distance learning program, use the following links to access the lesson plans and materials needed to prepare your students.
- Condor's Flight lesson plan (410KB PDF)
- Condor's Flight National Standards (218KB PDF)
- Condor's Flight Vocabulary List (59 KB PDF)
- Condor's Flight Pre-Assessment
- Condor's Flight Post-Assessment
- Ventana Wildlife Society Live Condor Cam
- San Diego Zoo Live Condor Cam
- The fictional chapter book Path of the Thunderbird can be used to provide a deeper connection with our curriculum.
- Biology: Animals, Conservation, Ecology, Education, Environment, Geography, History, Science and Technology, Wilderness, Wildlife Biology
- National/State Standards:
- NS.K-4.3 Life Science
NS.5-8.3 Life Science
NSS-G.K-12.5 Environment and Society
NSS-G.K-12.4 Human Systems
- Distance Learning