Join Great Basin's dark rangers for a guided nocturnal adventure. These highly popular hikes start just after sunset and traverse Great Basin under a moonlit sky. These programs are only offered during the summer full moons. Check our calendar for dates.
These hikes are limited to 40 people. Please sign up on the day of the hike at the Lehman Caves Visitor Center. Tickets are available first-come, first-serve. Everyone in the party must be present to sign up and get tickets. The only exception is a parent picking up tickets for a family with young children.
You will learn the location of the hike when you pick up your ticket, but you can expect an easy to moderate, two mile or less hike. Please follow the rules listed below. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in visitors being disqualified from the hike.
- All participants must have a full moon hike ticket.
- Ages 8 and up only.
- Durable footwear is required - we suggest hiking boots.
- Warm layers are recommended because we will stop a few times.
- Remember water and a snack.
- You may bring a flashlight or headlamp, but only turn them on if the ranger permits it.
- No flash photography.
- Rangers can cancel the hike at any time due to weather, trail, or sky conditions.
- Rangers can disqualify anyone from hiking for any reason.