The National Park Service welcomes and encourages citizens to get involved with the planning efforts of all of our parks. There are a variety of ways to do this, such as signing up to receive email updates, commenting on draft proposals, and attending public meetings. More details about ways to get involved are shown below. If this page is ever in need of updating, please email us at email@example.com. While we make our best effort to keep information updated, we can occasionally fall behind. We appreciate your understanding.
Next Public Meeting Event
Public Meeting - Muir Woods Salmon Habitat Enhancement &Bridge Replacement
A public meeting was held to learn about the Muir Woods Salmon Habitat Enhancement and Bridge Replacement Project.
- Replace four aging pedestrian bridges
- Remove selected riprap (large boulders) from creek bank & install large woody debris to create habitat for juvenile Coho salmon
- Overview of projects in the Redwood Creek Watershed
- Status of Coho salmon in Redwood Creek
- The Muir Woods Wastewater Project
- Introduction to the GGNRA Vegetation Team
Public Meeting - Muir Woods Sustainable Access Project
- Redesign/reorganization of parking (not to exceed the 232 existing personal vehicle spaces)
- Improvements to pedestrian trails and walkways connecting parking to monument entrance
- Protection of resources by better managing stormwater runoff from parking areas
- Completion of plaza improvements begun in 2010
- Muir Woods Pedestrian Bridge Replacements
- Future Dipsea Trail Bridge
- Marin trail crew update
- Salmon in Redwood Creek
- Marin Transit
The County of Marin and the National Park Service (NPS) invite you to attend a public meeting before the Marin County Board of Supervisors for an update on efforts to address parking and traffic congestion around Muir Woods National Monument.
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
10:30 am (or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard)
Marin County Civic Center
Board of Supervisors Chambers, Room 329
3501 Civic Center Drive
San Rafael, CA
- Progress on the Memorandum of Understanding
- Implementation of the Muir Woods/ Franks Valley Road parking barrier system
- additional parking regulations/restrictions
- Interim parking management strategies
- Summer 2016 Muir Woods Shuttle, a collaboration between Marin Transit and NPS
- NPS reservation system update
- Muir Woods site improvements planning
- Future Muir Woods/Franks Valley Road improvements associated with the Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) grant and concrete bridge replacement
View the meeting announcement here.
View the meeting presentation here.
Public Meeting - Muir Woods Parking and Transportation Update
Presented by County of Marin and the National Park Service
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Tam Valley Community Center
203 Marin Avenue
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Marin County Supervisors Kate Sears & Steve Kinsey, along with GGNRA Superintendent Christine Lehnertz, reported on efforts to address parking and traffic congestion around Muir Woods National Monument.
Learn about park projects through our Planning, Environment, and Public Comment (PEPC) website:
Email notices: sign up to receive emails about the park by entering your email address into the "Join Our Email List" box below.