The Division of Planning is an assemblage of planning, environmental review, transportation and design professionals that provide GGNRA management with the technical expertise and policy guidance needed to preserve and protect the park’s natural and cultural resources and provide for appropriate public use. Planning staff work as a team with other park divisions, park partners, and other agencies to make this mission a reality.
Planning staff are responsible for:
- Preparing, updating and implementing plans and park projects
- Managing construction projects
- Developing comprehensive project designs
- Land acquisition planning
- Architectural and landscape architectural design
- Design review
- Facilitating environmental compliance of GGNRA actions that could impact the environment
- Environmental monitoring
- Review and monitoring of adjacent developments and other projects (park neighbors, PG&E, Caltrans, etc)
- Environmental document preparation (categorical exclusions, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements)
- Public involvement
If you have questions for a member of the planning staff, call (415) 561-4930 or send us an email. Your message will be directed to the appropriate person.