November 15, 2016
Contact: Katie Wood
Glen Canyon is just one of many National Parks that will provide free entrance to the park on several selected days in 2017.
The 2017 entrance fee-free days are:
· January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
· February 20: Presidents Day
· April 15-16 & April 22-23: National Park Week Weekends
· August 25: National Park Service Birthday
· September 30: National Public Lands Day
· November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Park Superintendent, Billy Shott, made the following request of park visitors, “Here’s the plan: as you read this list of fee free days, mark your calendar and plan on coming out to discover, or re-discover, a new favorite place in Glen Canyon.”
Entrance fees in Glen Canyon are normally $25.00 per vehicle for a 1-7 day visit. During the fee-free days boating and camping fees still apply. To plan your visit to Glen Canyon National Recreation Area or Rainbow Bridge National Monument, visit www.nps.gov/glca or www.nps.gov/rabr.