|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area launch ramp hours of operation expanded on May 2, 2010. Boaters are reminded that a mussel free certificate is required prior to launching any watercraft. Authorized staff will be available at Wahweap, Stateline, Antelope Point and Bullfrog to issue launch certificates.
Currently, Lake Powell and the upper Colorado River are believed to be free of zebra and quagga mussels. These invasive mussels pose a significant threat to Lake Powell if they are introduced. The National Park Service is coordinating efforts with various partners to prevent the spread of mussels and appreciates the cooperation being received from boaters to protect Lake Powell.
Effective May 2, launch ramp hours are as follows:
· Wahweap Main: Open daily from 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time - MST).
· Stateline: Open daily from 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. MST.
· Antelope Point: Open daily from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST.
· Bullfrog: Open daily from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Mountain Daylight Time - MDT).
· Halls Crossing & Hite: Open daily, currently self-certification is accepted and required. As the season progresses self-certification will not be available when authorized personnel are available to issue launch certificates.
· The launching of motorized watercraft is now permitted at Lone Rock and Stanton Creek Beaches.
Check the website at www.nps.gov/glca for more information including the latest lakewide ramp times and certification requirements.
Always carry and carefully inspect all required safety equipment prior to launching. Weather conditions can change rapidly in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area at this time of year and boaters are advised to obtain frequent weather updates.