Applications are now being accepted for Glen Canyon National Recreation Areas 2013 Artist-in-Park Program
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is now accepting artist applications for three volunteer positions for its 2013 season. The Artist-in-Park Program continues a tradition of artistic expression in support of natural and cultural preservation in the National Park system. Participating artists spend four weeks working in the park contributing to the national conversation of preservation through their artistic medium.
Glen Canyon Artist-in-Park requirements:
· Applications must be received by February 15, 2012 to be considered.
· Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
· Applicants are required to submit a complete application packet.
· Artists are expected to work 120 hours, spread over a period of 30 consecutive calendar days.
· Artists must give at least one public presentation (45 minutes - 1 hour) during their time in the park.
· Within six months of completion of their time in the park, artists are required to donate to the park one piece of art they created during the program.
· The park will furnish the artist with the necessary supplies for their work up to a maximum of $250. All artists who successfully complete the program will receive a $200 honorarium from the Glen Canyon Natural History Association.
Please contact Cynthia Adams at 928-608-6405 or e-mail us, or visit www.nps.gov/glca/ supportyourpark/artist-in- park.htm for application information and to view previous artist biographies and work.
Please call 928-628-6404 or visit www.nps.gov/glca for more information about Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.