THE TRASH TRACKER LIST
PROVIDED FOR YOU:
53 foot houseboat with sleeping and cooking facilities. Separate beds with a pillow and pillow case provided for each volunteer. A trash barge with drinking water and working tools, and an 18-foot runabout will accompany the houseboat. Pilot/Supervisor operates all vessels.
- Gasoline and Propane for vessels and appliances.
- Bathroom (head) aboard houseboat includes sink, shower, and toilet with tissue. NOTE: Not enough hot water for everyone to shower at the same time of day.
- Kitchen includes two small refrigerators, small microwave, apartment-sized gas stove with oven, sink, coffee maker, toaster, basic pots, pans, blender, tableware, dishes, drinking water, coffee, creamers, salt and pepper, napkins and paper towels.
- Towels and sheets
- Gas barbecue grill (gas provided).
- Air conditioner and heater
- Generator, which provides 110 V AC current for low wattage devices on an intermittent basis.
- 3 55-gallon ice chests, block ice provided.
- CD player.
WHAT TO BRING
There is no storage on the houseboat, and space is limited. Please bring only essentials. Also, there is limited privacy in the sleeping quarters.
- Food and beverages (alcohol is allowed after work hours)
- Sleeping bag for cooler weather, blanket for warmer weather
- Sturdy work gloves
- Tennis shoes or lightweight hiking shoes to protect you from the thistle or water shoes/sandals. Bring two pair in case one gets wet.
- Personal toilet articles
- Hat or cap (should be one that will stay on in a breeze)
- Comfortable work clothes – lightweight and tightly woven pants for protection from the abundant thistle (remember you will be picking up wet and dry trash, bring clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty). Bring enough clothes for layering to insure comfort.
- Thermal underwear/sweatsuit (during early spring/late fall months)
- Rain gear
- Warm coat (during early spring/late fall months)
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Any medical needs
- Canteen/water bottle(s)
Remember you are representing the National Park Service during your trip. Please conduct yourself with that in mind.
- No pets
- No smoking onboard vessels
- No private boats or mechanical water toys on the trip
- No rock climbing on off-duty time
- No collecting natural of archaeological resources from the park!