Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
Commercial Use Authorization Activity-Specific Stipulations
Attachment XX – Guided Day Hiking Stipulations
- Guided Day Hiking is authorized on the following trails within the Bartlett Cove Developed Area:
- Forest Trail
- Tlingit Trail
- Beach Trail
- Bartlett River Trail to the Wilderness boundary
- Group Size limit is 12 people including guides.
- Permittees are not authorized to conduct Guided Day Hiking in Wilderness Areas. Wilderness Area boundary begins 1/2 mile from western end of Beach Trail and also at the fork of Bartlett River and Bartlett Lake Trails.
- Restricted Areas and Protection of Natural and Cultural Resources - Guide has knowledge of and follow requirements to protect natural and cultural resources. Guides brief clients regarding applicable methods and park rules for protecting resources, especially before hikes or camps.
- Wildlife and Wildlife Reports - Park regulations prohibiting the feeding or disturbing of wildlife is enforced by guide. Guide briefs trip participants regarding appropriate interactions with wildlife, and how to avoid unwanted interactions. If required, guides report wildlife sightings.
- Hiking Guides must have all required first aid medical training.
- The Permittee must submit an activity report by the 5th of each month for the operations taking place the month prior. (i.e. activity report for May will be due June 5th). Annual Activity Report due November 15. Send completed reports to Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Commercial Services Office, P.O. Box 140, Gustavus, AK 99826 or e-mail us