Businesses may transport passengers and kayaks along the park road to Bartlett Cove in accordance with the following.
Local businesses may:
Transport passengers and personal gear from the park boundary to Bartlett Cove along the park road;
Assist clients in loading and unloading gear, including kayaks, from the vehicle within areas designated for these activities;
Direct clients with questions to NPS information sources (e.g. the Visitor Information Station at the dock); and
Provide information to the NPS describing your services for the Visitor Services Information binder, located in the park's Visitor Information Station. This information must be on the front side only of a sheet of paper no larger than 8 1/2" x 11 ".
Local businesses may not:
- Conduct business activities other than the transportation services described above (for example, businesses may not receive payment, sign rental agreements or return deposits);
- Provide orientations or other information to clients within the park;
- Assist clients with packing or unpacking gear or vessels;
- Store kayaks or gear within the park (kayaks and gear which are not rented must be removed from the park);
- Solicit business within the park (other than providing brochures to the lodge or NPS for public display); or
- Assist clients with loading or unloading gear, kayaks aboard vessels.
The speed limits in the park are posted and are strictly enforced. Motor vehicles must slow to a safe speed when meeting other vehicles, bicyclists, or pedestrians.
July 5, 2005