Students that have spent time preparing for their visit to Glacier National Park get more out of a field trip to the park. Activities post-visit also help to reinforce information learned during the trip.
This Preparing for Your 1st-2nd Grade Winter Field Trip packet has all of the information you need to have a successful day with the rangers. The following activities and supplementary materials provide additional information and cover more grade levels.
Winter Ecology Teacher's Guide (pdf) - this is a large file and may take time to downloadWhat Causes Winter? (pp. 14-15)
Suggested classroom activities from Teacher's GuideDressing for Winter (pp. 16-20)
- What Causes Winter? (pp. 14-15)
- Dressing for Winter (pp. 16-20)
- What is Wild? (pp. 21-22)
- Hibernate, Migrate, or Resist? (pp. 34-36)
- Winter Vocabulary (pp. 73-75)