Students that have spent time preparing for their visit to Glacier National Park get more out of a field trip to the park. Activities post-visit also help to reinforce information learned during the trip.
The following are some of our suggested pre-visit activities, as well as supplementary materials that may aid in preparing for your trip. A good place to start is with this introduction to the National Park Service.
Suggested Classroom Activities from Teacher's Guide
- Locating Glacier National Park (pp. 30-34)
- What is Wild? (pp. 35-37)
- Who Eats Who? (pp. 43-47)
- What's that Habitat? (pp. 49)
- Beaver Succession Mural (50-51)
Spring and Fall Teacher's Guide (pdf) - this is a large file and may take time to download