Wow! With all the discussion going on about wolves, this trunk is a great way to help your students learn about these predators and why they are so controversial. There are lessons in the trunk for every grade level.
The wolf trunk contains teacher guides for grades K-3, 4-6, and 7-12. Lessons and activities focus on learning about predator/prey relationships, food chains, and misconceptions about wolves.
- The Dog Who Cried Wolf. Kasza, K. 2005. (ISBN: 0399242473)
- Endangered Wolves. Kalman, B. 2005. (ISBN: 0778719006)
- The Eyes of the Gray Wolf. London, J. 1993. 081180285X)
- Julie of the Wolves. Craighead George, J. 1972. (IABN: 0060540958)
- Places for Wolves: A Blueprint for Restoration and Recovery in the Lower 48 States. Defenders of Wildlife.
- Return of the Wolf. Grooms, S. 2005. (ISBN: 9077256083)
- The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs. Scieszka, J. 1996. (ISBN: 0140544518)
- The Wolf Almanac. Busch, R. 2007. (ISBN: 9781599210698)
- The Wolf and the Dog. Defenders of Wildlife.
- The Wolf's Chicken Stew. Kasza, K. 1987. (ISBN: 0399214003)
- Wolves: Complete Cross-Curricular Theme Unit that Teaches about these Totally Cool Canines. Kranking, K. and Donald, R. 2002. (ISBN: 0439241189)
- A Man Among Wolves. National Geographic. 2007. Video DVD. (ISBN: 1426291078)
- Sounds of the Earth: Wolves. Oracle Music. 1997.
- Wolf: Beyond the Fairy Tale. VHS Video.
- Wolves. Magic Play Entertainment. Video DVD. 1999.
- Animal Track Molds-wolf, mountain lion, elk, coyote
- Animal Scat-wolf, coyote, dog, elk
- Animal Skulls-wolf, coyote, fox, elk
- Pelts-wolf, coyote, fox
- Puppets-Fuzzy wolf puppet, wooden wolf puppet
- Food pyramid blocks
- Wolf pictures and posters
- Jewels of Glacier poster and key
- "A map without boundaries" poster
All of Glacier's traveling trunks are free of charge and can be borrowed for 2-4 weeks at a time but must be picked-up and dropped-off in person (Sorry, it is not possible to mail the trunks.) To arrange to borrow a trunk please submit a reservation form for the trunk you are interested in and the dates you would like to borrow it. If you have other questions about the traveling trunks, contact Glacier's Education Specialist.
- Biodiversity, Biology: Animals, Ecology, Environment, Wildlife Management
- wolf, predator, prey
- Traveling Trunk