Plant Invaders Trunk
These curriculum-based lesson plans are designed for students in grades 3-5 and meets the requirements of the MT State Education Standards for science. However, it can be adapted easily for students in other grades and includes lessons and activities for math and English and language arts as well. To find more lesson plans appropriate for students grades K-12, visit the Missoula County Weed District website.
- Montana's Noxious Weeds. Pokorny, M. and Mangold, J. 2010.
- Invasive Plants of the Crown of the Continent. Belt, J. LaFleur, D. and Sladek, M. 2009.
- Noxious weed fact cards
- Posters of invasive weeds
- Sample specimens of Glacier's invasive weeds
- Clues for "Who's Who?" activity
- Instructions for "Great Race for Survival" activity
- Hand lenses
All of Glacier's traveling trunks are free of charge and can be borrowed for 2-4 weeks at a time but must be picked-up and dropped-off in person (Sorry, it is not possible to mail the trunks.) To arrange to borrow a trunk please submit this reservation form for the trunk you are interested in and the dates you would like to borrow it. If you have other questions about the traveling trunks, contact Glacier's Education Specialist.
- Biodiversity, Biology: Plants, Botany, Ecology, Science and Technology
- Traveling Trunk