Use your Metrocard to go camping!
The Metropolitan Transit Authority has schedules, maps and other information on public transportation, including subway, bus, rails and bridges throughout New York City.
Floyd Bennett Field: Call 718-338-3799 for information. Camping reservations should be made at https://www.recreation.gov.
- Take the #2 (also #5 at rush hours) to Flatbush/Nostrand Avenues in Brooklyn. (This station is near a residential area; street parking is also available. Refer to the street signs for meter parking on the street.)
- Alternate: Take the A or S to Rockaway Park / Beach 116th St.
Bus: Take Q35 bus from either subway stop to park.
Jacob Riis Park/Fort Tilden: Call 718-318-4300 for information and reservations for special events.
- Take the #2 (also #5 at rush hours) to Flatbush Avenue.
- Alternate: Take the A or S to Rockaway Park / Beach 116th Street.
- Take Q35 bus from either stop to park, or Q22 from Beach 116th Street.
- Connect with the Q35 bus on Flatbush Avenue.
- After the bridge, ask driver to let you off at either Ft. Tilden or Riis Park.
- Alternate: Q21 or Q53 to Beach 116th Street, then Q22 or Q35 to the park.
Ferry: Ferries run between Riis Landing, Rockaway, NY and Pier 11, Wall Street, NY. Ferry service will begin on Saturday, May 28, 2011 and continue on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays throughout the summer season. This service will end on Monday, September 5, 2011 (Labor Day). Visit New York Beach Ferry for fares and schedules. For more information, including fares, call 718-474-0555.
Canarsie Pier: Call 718-763-2202 for information or reservations for special events.
Subway: Take L subway to Rockaway Parkway, then transfer to the B42 bus to the entrance of the pier.
Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge: Call 718-318-4340 for information or to make reservations for special events.
- Take the Rockaway bound A to Broad Channel Station.
- Walk along Noel Road to Cross Bay Boulevard.
- Turn right and walk about three quarters of a mile to the Refuge Visitor Center.
- Take the Q21 from Liberty Avenue (Queens) or 116th Street (Rockaway) to the Refuge.
- Alternate: take the Q53 bus from 61st Street & Roosevelt Avenue (Queens) to the Refuge.