Environmental Commitment Statement
Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT STATEMENT
Fort Union Trading Post is committed to implementing a sound environmental management program and demonstrating environmental leadership in the preservation and conservation of the park’s cultural and natural features. By practicing environmental stewardship, Fort Union’s goal is to comply with the following objectives.
- Comply with Department of the Interior environmental policies, NPS Director’s Order #13 and other Executive Orders relating to the environment, and all applicable Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Perform thorough review of proposed projects by participating early in the planning and operating decisions to identify environmental issues that need to be addressed.
- Develop alternatives and mitigation measures that will avoid or minimize adverse affects on the environment.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle all materials where practicable in our park operations.
- Provide environmental training and educate our staff on how to comply with environmental laws and be environmentally responsible on and off the job.
- Seek opportunities to promote environmental compliance and stewardship to the visitors, neighboring communities and stakeholders we serve.
/s/ Andy Banta September 10, 2008
Andrew Banta-Superintendent Date
Fort Union Trading Post NHS