The materials provided in this section of the website are one means of connecting students with the management of public lands and helping them develop skills in issue analysis and problem solving. These materials are designed to supplement your existing curriculum and lesson plans. You are encouraged to regionalize your materials to help students understand that fire is an issue in their own backyards.
Park Fire Curriculum
Several National Parks have developed specific curriculum to help teach students about wildland fire and its role in park ecology.
- Alaska Public Lands Information Center
- Bandelier National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Everglades National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Homestead National Monument of America
- Mammoth Cave National Park
- Natchez Trace Parkway / Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail
- North Cascades National Park
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- Yellowstone National Park