Dedicate yourself to enjoying and protecting this special place while on site and online. Read the #FireIslandPledge below to learn how you can help ensure the natural and cultural treasures are protected for future generations. Take the pledge then consider sharing your commitment -- and the link -- with family and friends online.
Take the pledge. Tell a friend. Tag #FireIslandPledge.
To be a steward and help protect myself and the park, I pledge to:
Once you’ve taken the pledge, let everyone know with #FireIslandPledge on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter! We’ll share pledge pics to help spread the word.
- Keep a safe distance from wildlife such as fox, deer, and gulls when observing and photographing them, and when taking selfies.
- Never feed or touch wildlife and keep food away from them.
- Give beach-nesting shorebirds the space they need to raise their young. Respect nesting area closures.
- Keep pets on a leash at all times and adhere to seasonal area restrictions.
- Dispose of trash properly. Carry-in, carry-out at National Park Service sites.
- Walk on designated boardwalks and paths and keep off the dunes.
- Maintain a safe distance from injured wildlife and report your sightings. Learn how to help Keep Wildlife Wild.