"Web of Life" Everglades ABCs: 3rd Grade
- Grade Level:
- Second Grade-Fourth Grade
- Art, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Botany, Ecology, Environment
- 45 mins
- Group Size:
- Up to 36
- indoors or outdoors
- National/State Standards:
- NEXT GENERATION FLORIDA SUNSHINE STATE STANDARDS
- Web of life, food chain, habitat, living, non-living, ecosystem
OverviewStudents will be able to name at least three living and three non-living components of the web of life and will be able to identify which web of life categories three different Everglades species fit into.
Our "Everglades ABCs - Activity Guide for Grades K-3" is broken up into 9 sections with materials in each section. The activities take 30 to 45 minutes to complete, and are targeted mainly at kindergarten to third grade students. A class doesn't have to complete every lesson in the unit, though some lessons do refer to one another and are better done in sequence. However, each lesson comes with its own set of objectives and resources.
VocabularyEcosystem, Living, Non-Living, food chain, web of life
Last updated: April 14, 2015