"Mosquito Swat" Everglades ABCs: 3rd Grade
- Grade Level:
- Second Grade-Fourth Grade
- Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Economics
- 45 mins
- Group Size:
- Up to 36
- indoors or outdoors
- National/State Standards:
- NEXT GENERATION FLORIDA SUNSHINE STATE STANDARDS
- Mosquitoes, food chain, ecosystem, habitat, humans
OverviewStudents will state two reasons why the mosquito is important in the Everglades ecosystem and will be able to draw a five part food chain.
Our "Everglades ABCs - Activity Guide for Grades K-3" is broken up into 9 sections with materials in each section. The activities take 30 to 45 minutes to complete, and are targeted mainly at kindergarten to third grade students. A class doesn't have to complete every lesson in the unit, though some lessons do refer to one another and are better done in sequence. However, each lesson comes with its own set of objectives and resources.