Special Uses

Gatherings and commercial activities in National Parks often require a special use permit. The purpose of these permits is to ensure the protection of the park's natural and cultural resources, as well as to minimize conflicts between park visitors and your guests. Permits will be specific in nature to the activity being permitted. Activities requiring a Special Use Permit may include First Amendment gatherings, weddings, or sale or distribution of printed matter.

Click here to download an adobe pdf of the 10-930 special use permit long form.

Special Use Permit (long form) Adobe PDF
For use with larger events.


The forms above should be used for all special uses except right-of-way applications. If applying for right-of-way, use SF-299 - Application for Transportation and Utility Systems and Facilities on Federal Lands (PDF).

Contact the monument at (970) 374-3000 to help determine if you need a Special Use or other permit.

Last updated: December 23, 2014

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

4545 Hwy 40
Dinosaur , CO 81610


435 781-7700

Contact Us

Stay Connected