Below is a list of services and facilities that are open or closed. Visitor services may be diminished or areas may be closed due to environmental, public safety, or other unknown factors. We are not be able to update road and weather information. This page was updated on 1/14/2019.
In case of emergency, dial 911 for emergency services. Response time may be increased.
Most roads are open, except:
- Scotty's Castle Road/North Highway: Closed into Grapevine Canyon (Bonnie Claire Road) due to flood damage. No access to Scotty's Castle or NV-267. This does not affect access to Ubehebe Crater, Racetrack Road, or Big Pine Road; it is open from Hwy 190 north to Ubehebe Crater Road.
- Mosaic Canyon Road: Closed until 6/30/19 due to construction.
- Upper Wildrose Road: Seasonal closure from Charcoal Kilns to Mahogany Flat due to snow and ice.
- Lower Wildrose Road: Closed
- Artists Drive: Closed
- Salt Creek Road: Closed
- Natural Bridge Road: Closed
- Dante's View Road: Closed
- Keane Wonder Mine Road: Closed
- Harmony Borax/Mustard Canyon Road: Closed
- Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes parking lot: Closed
- Furnace Creek Day Use Area #2 (Small gravel lot at entrance to the Ranch at Death Valley): Closed
Roads may close in the event of a natural event such as flash flooding or snow storm.
The Furnace Creek Visitor Center will be staffed daily 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The public information office phone line is not staffed. All ranger programs are cancelled.
The Oasis at Death Valley, Stovepipe Wells Resort, and Panamint Springs Resort are fully open. These locations provide flush toilets, hotel rooms, camping, restaurants, fuel, and general stores.
Restrooms and Trash Removal
National Park Service-provided services are limited. Most flush toilets are closed. Vault toilets at Ryan Entrance Station, Zabriskie Point, Golden Canyon, and Badwater remain open and will be maintained. Other vault toilets remain open but are not being cleaned or restocked with toilet paper.
The National Park Service is not picking up or removing trash during the shutdown. Dispose of trash in a dumpster or trash can that is not full in order to protect wildlife and avoid a citation/fine. Do not leave trash on top of or next to a dumpster or trash can, or stuff trash into a full one. Please pack your trash out with you if you cannot find a dumpster with space.
Open with services (including restrooms):
Stovepipe Wells Campground - Death Valley Lodging, the concessionaire at Stovepipe Wells Resort, is cleaning and operating this campground for the NPS under a donation agreement during the shutdown. First-come, first-served.
Fiddlers Campground at The Oasis at Death Valley
Panamint Springs Resort
The following campgrounds are closed:
- Texas Springs Campground
- Furnace Creek Campground
- Sunset Campground
- Mesquite Springs Campground
- Emigrant Campground
- Wildrose Campground