Number of People/Vehicles:
- Campsites are limited to no more than eight people and two vehicles or one recreational vehicle plus secondary vehicle per site.
- Larger groups wishing to camp together can reserve group sites at the Furnace Creek Campground (UPDATE: group sites closed until 4/15/21).
Campfires: All vegetation in the park is protected. Firewood is available at Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells General Stores, or you can bring your own supply.
- Charcoal producing fires may only be made in NPS fire pits.
- All stoves and grills must be gas burning.
- Fires are prohibited in the summer months (June 15-September 15) or other periods of high fire danger at Mahogany Flat, Thorndike, and Wildrose Campgrounds.
- Furnace Creek Campground has a limit of 14 days per calendar year.
- The rest of Death Valley National Park has a 30-day per calendar year camping limit.
- From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
- Generators are prohibited in Texas Springs Campground, except from April 16 to May 15 in the upper loop from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Pets: Pets must never be left unattended. There is a maximum limit of 4 pets per campsite and pets must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleanup and cleanup supplies.
Check-out Time: Furnace Creek Campground check-out time is 12 pm noon.
RV length restrictions:
- Mahogany Flats Campground, Thorndike Campground, and Wildrose Campground have a length restriction of 25 feet in total length.
- Emigrant Campground is a tent-only campground.
- Texas Springs Campground, Mesquite Springs Campground, and Furnace Creek Campground can be difficult to maneuver into with longer RVs.
- Sunset Campground and Stovepipe Wells Campground do not have limitations that would restrict RV length.
Wildlife: Coyotes and ravens are scavengers - keep your campsite clean! Do NOT feed or disturb wildlife.