Commercial Bus Tours

Commercial transportation "consists of one or more persons traveling on an itinerary that has been packaged, priced, or sold for leisure/recreational purposes by an organization that realizes financial gain through the provision of this service." The permit holder usually owns or rents the vehicle that is used for this purpose.

Currently, there is no application processing fee charged to commercial bus tour operators who provide transportation only. Changes in federal fees are expected soon.

Also, in January 2014, we implemented a 'STEP-ON GUIDE' permit that will be required for all individuals or companies who provide hired or commercial guiding services to groups of people traveling together. Please visit our Commercial Use Authorizations page for more information on the Step-On Guide application package.

Applications for Commercial Bus Tours are currently being accepted. Submit application package either electronically or via regular mail. Please do not FAX your application! Send the entire package listed below to:

deva_permits@ (For fastest service)


Office of Special Park Use
Death Valley National Park
PO Box 579
Death Valley, CA 92328

The items listed below are needed to apply for a Commercial Bus Tour permit:

IMPORTANT: All CUA holders are required to submit a Annual Report (Gross receipts must be reported accurately on a CUA Annual Report and returned to the park no later than the 15th of January of the year following services.) This report is due when all trips have been completed for the year but no later than January 15th. Reports can be emailed to the permit;s office. Please be sure that the e-mail address on your application will be received by a responsible party as all communication with you will take place via e-mail. Your application will then be processed in the order it was received.

Last updated: September 29, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 579
Death Valley, CA 92328


(760) 786-3200

Contact Us