A Board of Directors, made up of individuals from the membership, governs DTNHA. Membership is open to anyone.
One of the benefits of membership is a 15% discount on items sold by the association. Many other Cooperating Associations in other federal lands offer discounts to our members as well.
The Association publishes interpretive books, guides, and material about Devils Tower and the surrounding area. The Association offers these publications for sale in addition to other items with interpretive or educational value associated with Devils Tower, the National Park Service and/or the region.
All items available for sale by DTNHA must be formally approved by the Park Superintendent or his designee and DTNHA's Board of Directors. Each item is evaluated on its educational or interpretive merit. Our customers are the visitors to the monument and people wanting publications and other sales items pertaining to the monument. Also, we sell publications, videos, etc. produced by DTNHA to retailers, educational institutions, and libraries.
Major projects the Association has funded or assisted with are:
- Jr. Ranger program
- Park library upgrading
- Museum film preservation
- Interpretive panels for the information desk at the base of the Tower
- Development and renovations to multiple park facilities.
- Audio/visual equipment used for NPS campfire programs
- Purchased the Radio Travelers Information System
- Volunteer in Parks program
- Sponsor of GeoCorp/ Student Conservation Association Volunteers
- Student Conservation Association programs
- Special programs and speakers series, including the annual Cultural Program Series
- WPA style poster and original art work
- Published a video, children's activity book, children's game, geology book
- Climbing handbook, and bird, flower, mammal, and tree checklists
- Substantial funding and organizational efforts for 2006 Devils Tower Centennial events
- Adopt a Crag program
- (Devils Tower Centennial Committee was formed as sub-committee to DTNHA)
- Organizational and funding support for annual Old Settlers' Picnic
- Sponsor of Writers in the Park
- Teacher Ranger Teacher Program
- NPS publications such as the Park Newspaper, Park brouchures and NPS bulletins
- Sponsor the Bat Festival
- Support the Night Sky Program