Boston Mill Visitor Center
Start your visit at the Visitor Center.
The Boston Mill Visitor Center is open seven days each week, year round except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. See Operating Hours and Seasons
for detailed hours.
- Location: 6947 Riverview Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264
- Parking: A large parking lot is available in front of the visitor center. You can enter on Riverview Road.
- Oversized vehicles and trailer parking: There is a special oversized parking area across the intersection from the visitor center parking lot.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Boston Mill lot. The visitor center is fully accessible and is just across the river from the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Canal Exploration Center
For an in-depth experience centered on canal history, take a trip to Canal Exploration Center
in the northern part of the park. Hours
vary throughout the year.
- Location: 7104 Canal Road, Valley View, Ohio 44125
- Parking: There is a large paved parking lot suitable for bus, RV, and vehicle parking at Canal Exploration Center.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Canal Exploration Center lot. The Exploration Center is fully accessible. Audio descriptions and assistive listening devices are available for all exhibits. The visitor center is along the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Planning a Safe Visit
If you are staying a week or for only a day, make sure you are aware of closures and safety notices. Visit the links below.