Boston Store Visitor CenterStart your visit at the Visitor Center. The Boston Store Visitor Center is open seven days each week, year round except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. See Operating Hours and Seasons for detailed hours.
- Location: 1550 Boston Mills Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264
- Parking: There is a small parking lot near the visitor center. Overflow parking is just east of the visitor center in a large gravel lot.
- Oversized vehicles and trailer parking: Recreational vehicles, trailers and buses should park on the corner of Riverview Road and Boston Mills Road adjacent to the Boston Mills Ski Area.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Boston Store lot. The visitor center is fully accessible. The visitor center is along the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Canal Exploration CenterFor an in-depth experience centered on canal history, take a trip to Canal Exploration Center in the northern part of the park. Hoursvary throughout the year.
- Location: 7104 Canal Road, Valley View, Ohio 44125
- Parking: There is a large paved parking lot suitable for bus, RV, and vehicle parking at Canal Exploration Center.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Canal Exploration Center lot. The Exploration Center is fully accessible. Audio descriptions and assistive listening devices are available for all exhibits. The visitor center is along the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Planning a Safe Visit
If you are staying a week or for only a day, make sure you are aware of closures and safety notices. Visit the links below.