Special Use Permits
Certain types of activities require a special use permit. These include many types of organized gatherings, distribution of printed material and other public expressions of opinion, and other activities that are controlled or prohibited. See the following definitions and examples to determine if your use might be included.
A special park use is defined as a short-term activity that takes place in a park area, and that:
- Provides a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large;
- Requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the National Park Service (NPS) in order to protect park resources and the public interest;
- Is not prohibited by law or regulation;
- Is not initiated, sponsored, or conducted by the NPS; and
- Is not managed under a concession contract, a recreation activity for which the NPS charges a fee, or a lease.
- Read all conditions, guidelines and restrictions.
- Download and return specific permit application.
- Your permit will be created and returned for your signature.
- When received with your signature, your permit will be approved and returned to you.
For more information call 440-546-5991.
Weddings and Wedding Photography Permits
We offer a variety of lovely settings for weddings. For weddings or wedding photos you must obtain a Special Use Permit. For more information call 440-546-5991.
The park has shelters and buildings that can be rented. Visit Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park for details.
Commercial Filming and Photography Permit
The National Park Service encourages filming and photography when it will promote the protection and public enjoyment of park resources.
Application for filming and non-wedding photography
For more information contact Kathleen Smoot at 440-546-5950.
Research and Collection Permits
If you are planning a university project and considering doing research in CVNP, please visit the NPS Research Permit and Reporting System website.
Important requirements for research and reporting permits at CVNP.
If you are looking for possible Ph.D. or Master's degrees research projects in CVNP, we can provide you with a catalog of research project suggestions.
For more information contact Lisa Petit at 440-546-5970.
Commercial Use Authorizations
For more information contact Carl Dyer at 440-546-5944.