|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Jamie Walters, 330-657-2142
Cuyahoga Valley National Park Association
Peninsula, Ohio - Do you have a passion for sharing your enthusiasm with others? If you are a Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) user and have an interest in learning more about the park and sharing it with others, then becoming a Park Ambassador volunteer may be for you. Park Ambassadors volunteer in CVNP and have direct and regular interaction with visitors.
If you are interested in volunteering with one of the groups listed below you are invited to an orientation session on Saturday, February 5, 2011 from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. OR Wednesday, March 2, 2011 from 7:00 - 8 p.m. at Happy Days Lodge, 500 West Streetsboro Road (SR 303), Peninsula 44264. Please R.S.V.P to Shelby Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer applications will be available at the event.
- Peninsula Depot Visitor Center Assistants
- SET Team (Special Event Team) (assisting with parking, refreshment sales, ticketing and greeting visitors)
- Park Promoters (staff tables at off-site and park events, i.e. Heron Day, EarthFest, and Parade the Circle)
- Conservancy Store volunteers including Park Place in Peninsula or Trail Mix
- Speaker’s Bureau
- Historic Canal Lock Demonstration Operators and Interpreters
- Farmers’ Market Volunteers
- Invader Persuaders (educating the public on invasive plant issues)
- Superintendent’s Office, Front Desk Office Assistant
Park Ambassadors must have the ability to start conversation and advocate for the park and park partners, be able to stand for extended periods of time, and have some availability on weekends and summer holidays. Strong communication skills and comfort with public speaking is required for some of the positions. Two to eight hours per month time commitment is preferred.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park Association is a non-profit organization created to engage public support for the park and provide services to enhance public use and enjoyment of the park. For more information about CVNPA and its membership program visit www.cvnpa.org or call (330) 657-2909
CVNP encompasses 33,000 acres along the Cuyahoga River between Cleveland and Akron. Managed by the National Park Service, CVNP combines cultural, historical, recreational, and natural activities in one setting. For more information about the park, visit www.nps.gov/cuva or www.dayinthevalley.com or call (330) 657-2752 or (800) 257-9477.