Krejci Dump Remedial Action Work Plan Modifications to Address Village of Boston Heights Issues (Revised October 12, 2005)
The following is an addition to the protocols in the Remedial Action Work Plan made to further satisfy concerns raised during the public meeting held on September 21, 2005 at the Village of Boston Heights.
• EQIS will provide a flagman at the intersection of Hines Hill Road and old Route 8 during morning rush hour when Site-related truck activity is scheduled.
• EQIS will transport soil loads off the Site after all school bus traffic is clear.
(Trucks will leave the Site onto Hines Hill Road no earlier than 8:15 AM.)
Hazardous Materials Spill Response Issue
• As a secondary hazardous incident response measure, EQIS will have on standby a mobile foam unit in the event of odor releases, hazardous material fire, or spills on-site once the soil excavation activities commence.
Public Awareness Issue
• EQIS will offer a monthly open house for all local residents. The open house will entail meeting with the Site project managers from EQIS and DOI to discuss Site cleanup progress and any local concerns. The monthly open house will be coordinated with the Park.
Sampling of Hines Hill Road
EQIS will perform sampling events as follows:
• Sampling will be performed prior to the commencement of soil shipments, approximately halfway through the soil shipment process for the West Site, approximately halfway through the soil shipment process for the East Site, at the conclusion of the soil shipments from the West Site, and at the conclusion of the soil shipments from the East Site.
• Sampling will be performed in the vicinity of the Hike-Bike Trail, just off the south side of Hines Hill Road.
• Each sample will be analyzed for PCBs and eight (8) heavy metals (total analysis and TCLP).