|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Mary Pat Doorley, 440-546-5995
Brecksville, Ohio – Get Up, Get Out and Go! is a summer campaign offering FREE outdoor recreational activities and music for kids, 11 to 14 years old and their families, along the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail. The kick-off event begins on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad with a ride beginning at Akron Northside Station. Bring your family out for a FREE ride through Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) to learn more about the programs offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the summer. The train will depart Akron Northside Station promptly at 7 p.m. and return by 9 p.m. Akron Northside Station is located at 27 Ridge Street, Akron 44304.
Starting Tuesday, June 14, through Thursday, July 14, from 7 to 9 p.m., experience night bike rides and hikes, scavenger hunts, fishing, animals of the valley, and more! Reservations are suggested by calling 330-657-2752 ext. 351.
Program locations are as follows:
• June 14 and July 12: Akron Northside Station, 27 Ridge Street, Akron 44304
• June 16: Hunt Farm Visitor Information Center, 2054 Bolanz Road, Peninsula 44264
• June 21: Wilbeth Road Trailhead, 392 West Wilbeth Road, Akron 44314
• June 23: Indigo Lake, 4300 Riverview Road, Peninsula 44264
• June 28: CVNP Stanford House, 6093 Stanford Road, Peninsula 44264
• June 30: Howe Meadow, 4040 Riverview Road, Peninsula 44264
• July 5 and July 7: Treaty Line Area, 995 Treaty Line Road, Akron 44313
• July 13: Howe Meadow. 4040 Riverview Road, Peninsula 44264
• July 14: Big-Bend Area, 1300 Sand run Parkway, Akron 44333
End your summer with an afternoon of great activities featuring food, outdoor recreation opportunities, challenge courses, games, and tie-dying followed by a concert with music by HeartBEAT Afrika, on Wednesday, July 13, at Howe Meadow in CVNP. Pre-concert activities will be ongoing from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Concert will follow from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Howe Meadow is located at 4040 Riverview Road, Peninsula 44264.
Get Up, Get Out and Go! is made possible by the generous support of the following: Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, GAR Foundation, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio, OMNOVA Solutions Foundation, and WITAN (Women In Touch With Akron's Needs).
For more information and registration information, call 330-657-2752 ext. 351.
CVNP encompasses 33,000 acres along the Cuyahoga River between Cleveland and Akron, Ohio. Managed by the National Park Service, CVNP combines cultural, historical, recreational, and natural activities in one setting. For more information visit www.nps.gov/cuva or www.dayinthevalley.com or call 330-657-2752 or 800-257-9477.