Volunteer Opportunities with Medina Ohio Horseman's Council
About Medina Ohio Horseman's Council
The Medina County Chapter of The Ohio Horseman’s Council is a dedicated group of folks who join together for fun, riding, camping, volunteering on trails,staying informed on horse-related issues, and sponsoring quality events for horsemen. Since 1986, Medina Ohio Horseman’s Council (MOHC) members have helped fund, build and maintain the horse trails in Cuyahoga Valley National Park. On selective weekends, MOHC holds work parties that maintain, upgrade and service the horse trails in the national park. All are welcome to volunteer on MOHC projects.
For more information on upcoming events and locations, visit the MOHC website.
Things to Know Before Volunteering on a MOHC Project
- Bring your completed Trail Worker Volunteer Agreement Form. Volunteers under age 14 need to have adult supervision; all volunteers under age 18 need to have their Agreement Form signed by their parent or guardian.
- Wear comfortable work clothes, long sleeves, and long pants. Sturdy work boots required (not open-toed).
- Bring a small pack with a filled water bottle, snack, work gloves, and hat.
- Wear sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Tell an on-site MOHC crew leader how long you can volunteer that day. You can choose the length of your volunteer shift, as long as it is earlier than MOHC's end time before 1 p.m. All volunteers have to start at 8:30 a.m. for the project and safety orientation.
- Projects are held rain or shine, with exception to lightning and thunderstorms.
- Groups who are interested in volunteering with MOHC should call CVNP's volunteer office at (440) 717-3846 as far in advance as possible.
Directions to Robinson Field:
EASILY ACCESSIBLE FROM I 271 AND Route 8
Directions from I 271:
Exit 271 at the Route 303 exit and proceed east on Rte. 303 (to Peninsula). At the 2nd traffic light, turn right (south) onto Akron-Peninsula Road. Continue down Akron-Peninsula Rd. for approximately 2 miles.Robinson Field is on the left side of the road, but it is unmarked. (Approximately 1/3 mile past WetmoreRd.) Carefully turn into the gravel driveway marked with OHC signs.
Directions from Route 8:
From the North: Exit Route 8 at Route 303. Proceed west on 303 until the 1st traffic light in Peninsula.Turn left on Akron-Peninsula Rd. and continue south for approximately 2 miles. Robinson Field is on the left side of the road, but it is unmarked. (Approximately 1/3 mile past Wetmore Rd.) Carefully turn into the gravel driveway marked with OHC signs.
From the South: Exit Route 8 at Steels Corners Road. Proceed west on Steels Corners Road for approximately 5 miles until it dead ends into Akron-Peninsula Rd. in the valley. Turn right (north) on Akron-Peninsula Rd. and go past Northampton Road approximately 1/4 mile. Robinson Field is on the right side of the road, but is unmarked. Carefully turn into the gravel driveway marked with OHC signs.