Revolutionary War Timeline
- Grade Level:
- Third Grade
- Social Studies
- Three (3) 45-minute Periods
- Group Size:
- Up to 24
- National/State Standards:
- South Carolina Social Studies 3.3: The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolutin and South Carolina's role in the development of the new American Nation.
OverviewTimeline activity to accompany the Ed Bearss battlefield tour video.
Students will construct an accurate timeline of ten Revolutionary War battles.
Pre-Video Procedure (activities/discussion/lesson)
Construct a timeline of 10 Revolutionary War dates - month and year of battle as well as July 4th
Cut & past on construction paper for individual timeline
Watch video at www.nps.gov/cowp/planyourvisit/outdooractivities.htm.
Post-Video Procedure (activities/discussion/lesson)
Use sentence strips of battles, months, & years to create human timeline of 10 important dates of American Revolutionary War.
Reform student timeline as necessary
- Percentage of accurate individual constructed timelines
- Percentage of accurate students placing themselves in the correct order to construct a human timeline.