Location, Location, Location
- Grade Level:
- Third Grade
- Language Arts, Social Studies
- 45 Minutes
- Group Size:
- Up to 24
- in the park
- National/State Standards:
- South Carolina Social Studies - 3-3.3: Summarize the battle of Cowpens.
South Carolina - English/Language Arts – 3-5: The student will write for a variety of purposes and audiences.
OverviewThe students will locate on a map the starting location of the different lines at the Battle of Cowpens.
Students will locate on a map the starting location of the different lines at the Battle of Cowpens.
- Blank Cowpens battlefield map
Pre-Video Procedure (activities/discussion/lesson)
On Map - mark general Patriot and British locations
Show selected clips from the vitual field trip at
Post-Video Procedure (activities/discussion/lesson)
- On Map - locate & label:
- British line
- Militia, riflemen
- Students will write a paragraph to summarize the starting location of each group at Cowpens.
· Completed map
· British line correct
· Patriot lines correct
· Students will complete a paragraph of at least 3-5 sentences to summarize the starting location of the line at the start of the Battle of Cowpens.