The Junior Ranger Station
The Junior Ranger Station is currently closed. It is unknown when or if it will reopen. Junior Ranger Program materials can be found at Travertine Nature Center or online.
About the building
This building was originally built in March of 1938 by the Civilian Conservation Corps as a campground check-in station. By the late 1940s the building was used as a ranger station, and through the 1950s and 1960s it was also used as the office of the Chief Ranger.
Last updated: September 8, 2018