The National Park Service!
This program is designed to help students understand the National Park Service - who we are, what we do, and why. Students will demonstrate their knowledge by becoming land managers, creating their own national park -outside on school grounds, then share their work with their peers through an oral presentation.
- 20 to 100
- 1 hour
- Chattahoochee River Environmental Education Center
- All Park units
Jerry Hightower, Park Ranger
- Biodiversity, Biology: Animals, Biology: Plants, Conservation, Earth Science, Ecology, Environment, Recreation / Leisure / Tourism, Recreation Ecology, Wildlife Biology
- National/State Standards:
- Georgia Performance Standards: ELAW1, ELAW2, LSV1, LSV2, SSUSH13, ELACC11-12W1, ELACC11-12W2, ELACC11-12W4, ELACC11-12W6, ELACC11-12W7, ELACC11-12SL1, ELACC11-12SL3, ELACC11-12SL4, and ELACC11-12SL5,
- national park service, National Park Service careers, Conservation, Preservation, uniform, stetson, Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Field Trips