Self-Guided Field Trips
No reservations are required for the self-guided field trip, but please let us know if you will be visiting with your group. (See Accessibility).
Things to do:
- Walking Trails: Chamizal National Memorial contains miles of walking trails. Call ahead if you would like the "Walking Trail Guide" available for your visit.
- Picnic Areas: Four covered picnic areas are available first-come, first-served.
- Cultural Center: Museum Exhibit tell the story of the Memorial. Watch a 4-minute video for an overview (seating limited to 25 people).
- Nuestra Herencia Mural: This mural is located on the walls outside our administration building. See the Cultural Center Information Desk for a brochure about the mural and artist.
- Art Gallery: Rotating art exhibits feature shows related to the history and culture of the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Junior Ranger Program--Completing the appropriate sections of the Jr. Ranger book qualifies students (ages 5-adult) to earn a badge and/or patch. The program is free. Call ahead for groups of 25 or more. Please allow adequate time to complete the program on-site.