Self-Guided Field Trips
No reservations are required for the self-guided field trip, but please let us know if you will be visiting with your group. (See Accessibility).
Things to do:
- Walking Trails--Chamizal National Memorial contains miles of walking trails. Call ahead if you would like the "Walking Trail Guide" available for your visit.
- Picnic Areas--Four covered picnic areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Cultural Center--New Exhibits (02/2016) tell the story of the memorial. Watch a 4-minute video for an overview (seating limited to 25 people).
- Nuestra Herencia Mural--This mural is located on the walls outside our administration building. See the Cultural Center Information Desk for a brochure about the mural and artist.
- Art Gallery--Rotating art exhibits feature local, Hispanic art.
- Junior Ranger Programs--Completing the appropriate sections of the Jr. Ranger book qualifies students (ages 5-adult) to earn a badge and/or patch. The program is free. Call ahead for groups of 25 or more. Please allow adequate time to complete the program on-site.