Experience the sparkling white beauty of winter at Cedar Breaks! There are many activities available for those who are unafraid of a little cold weather! Once the first heavy snowfall closes Utah Highway 148 (roughly mid November to late May) it becomes a groomed trail through the monument for visitors to ski, snowshoe and snowmobile. For more info on accessing the park in winter, visit our Winter Access page.
- Since the majority of facilities and services are closed at Cedar Breaks your safety is ultimately your responsibility.
- Please take into account your abilities and be prepared for sudden weather changes.
- Cell phone reception is unreliable in this area. It is recommended that you notify friends or family of your plans and expected return time.
- Be aware that snowdrifts can be 10-20 feet deep due to prevailing winds.
- Hypothermia: Drink lots of liquids, stay dry, carry survival gear, wear layers of clothing, and snack frequently. Be alert to symptoms of drowsiness and confusion.