Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
The Civilian Conservation Corps was established in 1933. It was designed to provide work for unemployed men during the Great Depression. In 1937, a detail of 27 men from the Zion CCC camp began construction on the Visitor Center and Ranger Cabin at Cedar Breaks National Monument. These structures exhibit the classic National Park Service rustic architecture. Both buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places. Make sure to stop at the Visitor Center to see this historic structure.