What is a Commercial Use Authorization?
A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) is a business permit with the National Park Service. It authorizes you to conduct commercial activities and to provide specific visitor services within a national park. We will only issue CUA for activities that:
are an appropriate use of Cedar Breaks National Monument;
will have minimal impact on park's resources and values; and
are consistent with the park’s purpose, management plans, policies, and regulations.
You must have a CUAs if you or your organization provides services that:
take place at least in part in Cedar Breaks National Monument,
use park resources, and
results in monetary gain.
You may not conduct commercial activities in the park without a valid CUA or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the CUA. You must carry a complete copy of your Commercial Use Authorization with you at all times while operating in the park and show the CUA at the entrance station fee booth.
HOW TO APPLY FOR COMMERCIAL USE AUTHORIZATION
Step 1: Before starting the CUA application process, please read the
2017 Cedar Breaks National Monument CUA Application Letter
- Download & Fill Out the 2017 Cedar Breaks PDF Application Form
- Download & Read the Conditions for Commercial Use Authorization Form
Cedar Breaks only accepts CUA applications for the following commercial activities. Please click on the links below to download the customized Operational Plans for commercial activities you would like to conduct in the park.
- Download the Bicycle Tour Operations CUA Form
- Download the Guided Hiking Tour Operations PDF Form
- Download the Motorcycle Tour Operations PDF Form
- Download the Photo & Painting Workshop Operations PDF Form
Step 3: Pay the fee applicable to your application electronically through Zion National Parks pay.gov account. (Processing fees begin at $200. Details are found within the application paperwork.) Please make a note at the bottom of the forms that fees paid are for Cedar Breaks National Monument.
Step 4: e-mail us the completed application forms. Phone inquiries can be directed to (435) 772-0210.
Step 5: If your request is approved, a permit containing applicable terms and conditions will be sent you. The permit must be signed by the responsible person and returned to the park for final approval by the Park Superintendent before the permitted activity begins.
Step 6: Download the Annual Report Form for the year your Commercial Use took place.
- Download the 2016 Annual Report For Commercial Use Authorization
- Download the 2017 Annual Report For Commercial Use Authorization
* You will need to fill out and submit this form within the year of each Commercial Use Authorization Permit held.