Below are photographs of various types of animals including mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects and arachnids that can be found in Catoctin Mountain Park.
- Arachnids include spiders, harvestmen, scorpions, ticks and mites.
- They have no backbone, but have a hard exoskeleton.
- Their bodies are divided into two regions: the cephalothorax and the abdomen.
- Arachnids have eight legs (four pairs).
- Arachnids do not have wings or antennae.
- They can give birth to live young or lay eggs.