Filming permits are never required for our regular visitors to the park, even if they intend to use their photos in some commercial fashion when they return home. Film permits are not required for "breaking" news.
Filming permits are required for any public or commercial photographer regardless of whether for charitable, educational or philanthropic purpose if:
- more than one camera is to be used, or
- special set-ups may be required, or
- lights are to be used, or
- if there is a crew of one or more people assisting the photographer, or
- if any type of prop or model is to be used.
All filming may only be done in open areas of the park. If you have a question about whether or not you may need a filming permit, please contact our Special Park Uses Coordinator at (252) 473-2111, Ext. 121 or email.