The science staff at Cape Cod National Seashore is engaged in a wide range of research, monitoring, and stewardship activities. There are plenty of exciting internship opportunities for students.
- Work closely with park scientists and visiting researchers.
- Contribute to meaningful scientific research, monitoring, or natural resource stewardship projects.
- Learn field and laboratory techniques.
- Develop proficiency with scientific instruments and sampling equipment.
- Gain valuable professional experience.
Most internships are designed to fit within the summer season to accommodate students, although internships can be available almost any time of year.
Cape Cod National Seashore offers many of its internships through the Student Conservation Association (SCA). Check out the SCA website for listings.
If you are interested in a volunteer-based internship and are able to make a 24-hour per week commitment, email the Cape Cod National Seashore Chief of Natural Resource Management and Science, or send a letter stating your interest along with your resume or CV and a list of relevant coursework to:
Cape Cod National Seashore Chief of Natural Resources and Science
99 Marconi Site Rd
Wellfleet MA 02667