Reduce park operations'
waste emissions to 10
percent below 2007
levels by 2020.
Completed and Ongoing Actions
- Donate or recycle used computers and electronics.
- Use almost all green and non-toxic janitorial products.
- Discontinued landscape watering and fertilizing at the park.
- Installed water bottle filling stations at six beach and visitor center facility locations.
- Implemented a construction waste management plan and job site recycling policy.
- Recycled 1500 tons of concrete and asphalt (equaling 99.42% of waste diverted from landfills) when replacing Herring Cove Beach bathhouse.
- Engage staff to reduce, recycle, and manage waste at work.
- Continue to increase the recycled content of purchased materials.
- Maximize web-based communications to reduce use of paper and printing, including developing a digital record-keeping system.
- Continue to establish a comprehensive recycling outreach campaign aimed at park visitors, including increased signage and recycling visibility.
- Initiate composting options and more water bottle filling stations at facilities where appropriate.