Reduce park operations'
transportation emissions to
20 percent below 2007 levels by 2020.
Completed and Ongoing Actions
- Received a DOE Clean Cities Grant to purchase 3 electric vehicles and charging stations to green the fleet.
- Purchased Flex and Breeze shuttle buses that are operated by the CC Regional Transit Authority and run on biodiesel.
- Switched from diesel to B-20 biodiesel for park vehicles, and purchased more hybrid vehicles.
- Purchase and use bio-based lubricants and greases and retread tires in the auto shop.
- Improve bicycle route network and infrastructure as recommended to implement the 2017 Outer Cape Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- Continue to work with DOE Clean Cities Program to replace fleet vehicles with alternate fuel models.
- Implement beach shuttles in cooperation with local communities when possible.
- Explore funding opportunities for alternative fuel and transportation activities in the park to improve transit, safe bicycling, and walking opportunities.
- Examine options for replacing gasoline powered equipment with electric alternatives (i.e. lawn mowers).