How to Earn a Patch:
1) Participate in activities for a minimum of ten (10) hours at Cabrillo or other national parks.
2) Activities can include viewing park films, attending ranger-led tours, exploring park exhibits/buildings, reading about the park, taking photos in the park, service projects, etc.
3) Scouts will be awarded a patch by bringing their completed activity sheet and speaking with a ranger at the Visitor Center.
4) Please download and use the activity sheet to track your hours and activities.
Girl Scout Ranger Activity Log
Boy Scout Ranger Activity Log
How to Earn a Certificate:
1) Identical to patch requirements above, except scouts are only required to participate in five (5) hours of qualifying activities in the Park(s).
2) Certificates are provided via the honor system and can be downloaded and printed. Scouts should talk with a Scout leader or parent before signing the certificate.
You can contact us (optional) and let us know you are interested in the Scout Ranger Program at Cabrillo National Monument. We will answer questions and provide further information to help you work toward the patch or certificate.