Why relax restrictions on deer hunting this deer season?
There has been a noticeable increase in deer in the Buffalo Point Area which has been closed to hunting for many years.
Where are the new areas I can now hunt?
The easement area is shown on the map, generally west of the Buffalo Point campground and north of Highway 14 to the NPS boundary on the north and west.
Areas that remain closed are the campground, roads, trail systems, and developed areas.
When and what can I hunt in the area opened up for this season?
The area described is open for the 2018- 2019 WMA Zone 080 Deer Archery season.
Only deer and feral hogs are allowed to be hunted in the area opened for this hunt.
Deer count towards your Zone 080 bag limit as normal.
What rules apply to hunting here?
All Arkansas Game & Fish Commission (AGFC) regulations applicable Statewide and to Wildlife Management Areas apply to this area (see page 83 of the Arkansas Hunting Guidebook).
- Hunting is not allowed in developed areas.
- Hunting is not allowed within 100 feet of a road or trail or within 150 yards of a structure.
- Weapons must be unloaded and cased when at parking areas or campgrounds.
- Trails maybe used to access areas but killing devices must be unloaded when within 100 feet of a road or trail.
- Regulations governing the use of tree stands may be found on page 73 of Arkansas Hunting Guidebook.
- Weapons may not be fired across roads or trails and may not be fired into or across the Buffalo River or its gravel bars.
- Wildlife carcasses may not be field dressed or displayed (hung) in developed areas.
- Campsites may not remain unattended for more than 24 hours. All regular campground fees and rules apply.
- ATV use and driving off designated roadways is prohibited.
- Hunting in this area with dogs is not allowed.
Where can I get more information?
Further information and maps are available at the Buffalo Point Ranger Station or by calling 870-449-4311. In case of emergency contact the Midwest Region Ozark Communication Center (MROCC) toll free at 1-888-692-1162.